I haven't been going out much lately. I've been busy trying to catch up with the translations I'm doing.
I have though, met up with Pwen a few times. On one of the occasions, she came over and we baked scones and cake. I would put up the pictures I took but I don't have an imageshack account or anything like that. My blog has always been without illustrations anyways.
In our most recent get-together, we arranged to eat at Ma Maison but upon arriving, we were told that they had a break between lunch and dinner hours. So we took a bus to our 2nd choice, the Awon Korean Restaurant, and it also had that policy! In the end, we went to Menotti at Raffles City. It wasn't too bad but I still need to be convinced for it to reach my Die-Die-Must-Try list!
Not many people know this, but I caught two goldfish at the Natsu Matsuri (Japanese Summer Festival) in August last year. Well I had three actually and I named them 胆, 小, and 鬼. Because 胆 was brave, 小 was the smallest, and 鬼 was all white save for its red cap. Soonafter, 鬼 really became a 鬼 and there was an epidemic of tail rot that aroused this whole bout of panic and anxiety. I didn't know much about goldfish so I did my research and found that they fell in the category of Fantail Goldfish. (The one that died was an Oranda, if you wanted to know) They do have very mesmerising tails. Staring them is as therapeutic as your Hidamari. My grandma can stare at them for hours, so I would know. My dad bought another Fantail recently and I was shocked by the contrast in colours. I read somewhere that Goldfish turn white if they are not exposed to sufficient sunlight. Perhaps my 'faded' fishes are not getting their supply of Vitamin D?
I think as we grow older, we learn to take things in our stride. Or maybe we've just become more apathetic without realising it. I can't decide if it's a good or an unfortunate thing.
Music: 배슬기 - Tomboy
No comments:
Post a Comment