Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Capture

Just after I saw Disturbia that night, I had my own adventure in the kitchen but I thought I'd save it for another entry. This entry!

I have been on a 'stake out' on this particular cockroach and two lizards were 'sacrificed' (hahahaha) in the process. Two nights ago, I caught sight of it again and so I mapped out two strategically fitting positions for the glue traps.

02:00 to 03:00 - Saw the little bugger but it managed to pull a disappearing act on me, just like the previous times. I decided to switch off the lights and come back again when it think it's safe.

04:00 - I came back and saw it retreat, where I need it to be (YES!). Using whatever necessary, I tried to chase it towards the glue trap but it didn't move. As I walked over to the other counter to take the lighter, it tried to run away but! got its front foot caught on the edge of the glue trap. OMG the sight of it struggling was very traumatic. Not about its plight but more so because it's a damn cockroach and it's wriggling like that!

To cut the long (yes it felt like eternity) story short, I waited for it to get really stuck and used the lighter to singe it. Then I jumped about the room screaming for a little while. Don't laugh, you have no idea how cockroaches can dement your intellectual capacity, not to mention sanity!! But no matter how terrifying the situation is, I had to take revenge on it for the lizards and for endangering my mental health. *feels a few noble moments* So I left it badly burnt, and half dead before I escaped to my room.

Later at night, I asked my mom what she did with the bloody cockroach. She told me that when she found it, it was still alive (yikes) and she also used the lighter to burn it! HAHAHAHA I feel sadistically victorious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg. It was still alive after you burnt it? I guess that's why there's the saying "打不死的蟑螂".

Yes, I can totally understand you screaming away like that. I saw a flying one downstairs my house and I started screaming even though the revolting thing was at least 2 metres away. So traumatising...