I am now using Windows Vista speech recognition to type up this entry. So far, it has been pretty impressive but, it can get very frustrating. For example, I shall demonstrate what it has been like.
In a Singaporean voice:
My name is painful and Alison Singapore
In my "British accent":
My name is Perrine and I live in Singapore.
See what I mean? So for the past 1 hour, I have been speaking to my computer with careful pronunciation and deliberate articulation. Surprisingly, it can handle long words that are difficult to pronounce and yet foul up often on simple and common words.
Now I can tell a page to refresh itself, I can tell windows to minimize or maximize themselves anytime I like. And even "Switch to messenger" in between. The ambience can also affects the commands the computer thinks it is receiving. For example, the microphone might pick up little sounds from a noisy background and mistake them as commands. So suddenly, some options may be offered to you and you end up saying "cancel" so many times that you are so sick of it.
Oh god I'm so tired now~ I don't think I will be using the speech recognition for a blog entry anywhere in the near future. I really need a rest now, and it's almost 6.30 AM!! By the way, it does not understand laughter :/
Well, Goodnight!
1 comment:
Kinda shows how bad some Singaporeans articulate their words. :S
I like that "switch to messenger" and "cancel" bits... sounds really cool
Post a Comment