Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Lessons you don't learn in school

If I were a scientist, Keera would be my lab assistant.

I'm back on the topic of lizards. I was just reading some brochures and when I looked up, I saw two lizards perambulating about. Okay actually no, they were stationary. Keera spotted the one further down the hall and meowed at it with much angry gusto. I, on the other hand, knew that it's impossible to catch both as Keera can't scale walls and I only have a pair of hands and eyes to focus on one. So I zeroed in on the one nearer to me because it was at a big disadvantage in terms of location. (Think big empty wall)

Mission Take-those-lizards-off-my-wall began. Took a broom, tried my best to divert Keera's attention to my broom.

And SWIPE. Dang! (The huge fan in the hall fell with a loud 'TWANG'. Oops.)

SWIPE AGAIN! Damnit!

SWIPE! ARGGGGGH! (Now it's run behind the picture of Mother Mary. Oops, sorry about waving the broom in front of you).

Stupid lizard ran out after I swung the broom behind the picture.

WHACK/SWIPE/PHIAK. And it plopped onto the floor.

-Mission Take-those-lizards-off-my-wall completed- Now it's up to Keera. Keera caught it of course. But having experienced Keera 'playing' on the job, I knew better than to let the matter rest. Keera has a sadistic habit of playing with his prey. I'd prefer a cold, quick slash to the tease, torture session anyday.

So I continued with the lizard whacking in attempt to knock its senses out. But whoa, lizards are very very rubbery. I guess that's why they don't die easily (Rubber's hard to cut, y'know? But I wasn't trying to cut it lah). So I decided to have a science lesson of my own.

I found out that the lizards do not depend on its soles for clinging to walls. Rather, their entire chest? is a sticky layer. Their feet are similar to what we can deem as hooks. And yup, their lungs ARE transparent. I could kinda see it through it's very wasted body.

Oh and while it was pinned under my broom, Keera kept pawing at it to play. And guess what? With each 'pat' onto the lizard's body, Keera practically deflated the lizard's lungs and you can hear a soft squeakish 'squish'. Like those squeezy toys for babies.

I didn't want to poke at its already very tortured body. Seems kinda evil. So I said a silent note to God: For educational purposes ah? But this lizard is hardy, y'know? Just refuses to die. And I couldn't quite bring myself to torment it further.



So... I flushed it down the toilet bowl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with you and lizards? Jo could employ you to clear those things for her. Haha...

But seriously, from your lizard-y posts, I do learn more stuff about our pals who go "cik cik cik cik cik..." There's one around my study room window now.

Anonymous said...

Argh...forgot to sign-off. Like what I tagged on Pwen's tagboard. Take all messages left unsigned as mine. Unless I say otherwise...

Hugz,
BOSS