Thursday, January 01, 2004

*THONK*

And that was how I started my new year, with a bump on my head.

Happy 2004, my beloved readers. I want to thank Pwen, Jo, Wenling, Nad, Elisia and Soffie(in order of appearance). And my mom and dad (Dad, I didn't expect you to be home. Hee.) You guys have made my New Year celebration fantastic. (Let me be cliche today) Although there were disputes and unhappiness, but at the very last ten seconds, I'm surrounded by friends and family whom care for me and have been there for me. It was way better than getting grinded by some awful sweaty stranger with sand in your mouth and foam in your eyes. Because special moments like this should be reserved for the best.

Screaming the countdown at the top of our lungs (yes Jo, in English), and hugs a-plenty. As the broadcast of the party at Sentosa ended, we were fixated in front of the telly screen catching the beginning of "FLY II". Then we trooped down to the park and had a whirl of a time terrorising my neighbourhood. In an attempt to avoid getting a sparkler light in my face, I turned and knocked my head on the edge of this metal sign. I bet the sound was louder than your hoot whistle. That explains the *THONK* as my title for this entry. Yeah lah, you all laugh laugh laugh.

Let's all hope that the bang on the head bangs my bad luck away~ BEGONE I SAY!

We ran around with whistling sparklers, throwing them up trees and javelin-ing them. Being good citizens we are, we cleaned up! If you've seen the news, Orchard was littered beyond acceptance. Apparently there were 5 truckloads and still cleaning.

Alas, Nad had to go. So we saw her to the road to flag a cab. Then came he, riding in his yellow and blue cab, making a U-turn. As we opened the doors, the whole lot of us shouted "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!", clappers-a-slapping and bells-a-ringing. Wenling had it filmed down! Haha, he was pretty amused. I wonder how was the trip for Nad. Can't wait to read Nad's entry on that.

Taking a stroll in the park, we spied on a couple blissfully enjoying each other's company. And so, armed and emboldened with our clappers and bells and noise-makers Pwen, Wenling, Elisia and I ran around the couple screaming "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!". I don't think I made it to the last word without already bursting into laughter. Well, they were pretty cool about it. Hey don't call us childish okay, even BOSS joined in. BOSS leh. Besides, in Pwen's words, "they'll never see us again what". Meh heh heh.

Back at my place, we took to the board game Careers. It was pretty hilarious, especially when you see those minds working on how to earn more money. Elisia was in luck cannnnn? She reaped in rolls of money, got fame, got happiness. It's not fair I tell you! And poor Wenling was always so broke. Then, after Elisia and Pwen won, we all watched Scary Movie 2 from my computer. Twas fun, laughing and going "eewww". Jo's dad came to fetch her away at 5am.

Everyone fell asleep except me. Was 10:10 when they got up to eat prata. And it was there and then, we hugged and parted. I hope you guys have the rest you well deserve. Sorry if I wasn't a good host. Hehehe.

------------------


AND, to you who knows who you are, I'm being nice (again) to give you face by not mentioning your name. Let me tell you something---

My house is not a hotel room, don't treat it like one.
My Mom is not a maid, wash your freaking bowl, which btw, belongs to me. Or at least, offer to. I think that's the least you can do.
Friends are not for you to take for granted. If, you do see us as friends.
Keep your promises.
Jo could turn down Daryn's offer to go clubbing, and I really appreciated it.
If not for the others, you would've really ruined my year.

If you wanted to join your other happening friends, say so on the 30th when we were discussing and not agree to our plan. By that agreement, it was verbal promise that you will show up and celebrate with us. And not, to keep us as your back-up plan. You know I was VERY upset for three days over this. You know I have a temper and patience the size of a mouse. Well, you stepped on my tail and you best be running.

By the way, it was pure altruism that I lent you my Zara shirt that I only wore once. So that you could meet your happening friends presentably and yet you come to my house in shorts. Oh, you don't know what altruism is? It means I was putting myself in misery for your happiness. Yeah I don't suppose you know how to be altruistic.

No comments: