My god, I haven't updated for so long? Oops.
Today (or yesterday, if you want to be that anal) I finally collected my BA degree. Yeah it's Honours but so what?
I finally did it. It was a hugh sigh of relief for me, you guys who know what I went through will understand why.
I didn't attend the graduation ceremony. I hope the Loughborough Representative wasn't Simon Downs because I adored the lecturer despite the short acquaintance. My mom really wanted to see me go through the graduation ceremony though. Especially cos she never got the chance to attend university and the such, I suppose. I felt so bad I had to tell her, "Mom, I'm not going."
Anyway, since I'm starting work, I will try to take on more financial responsibilities, and draw up a plan that will allow me to study something part-time. Then, I will go to the graduation ceremony in the academic gown and cap like she wanted. Because I would be able to say I put in hard work and effort and have earned it solely on my own (not that I didn't earn my Graphic Communication degree on my own, of course).
I expect to be really really busy until past Chinese New Year next year. That's kinda sad, if you think about it, but most importantly, I hope to learn as much as possible. Suddenly, I miss the UK. I want a cold winter. Okay when I go Melbourne, I cannot complain about the cold~~
Manda met up with me and gave me a congratulatory card! You have no idea how happy I was k! We had a so-so dinner but we always have fantastic face-to-face talks. I can't sleep now because of the conversation we had just now. I really need to sleep though... Okay I should go do that now.
1 comment:
hey congrats... to finally updating and physically getting your degree - in that order. :P
see u soon!
Post a Comment